AERCO offers an online 2016 Online Recertification Module. It is the online version of a recently developed hands-on course called “Understanding the ProtoNode, Controls and Communications.”
But first, you should determine if you are eligible for the 2016 Recertification process. Here is a recap of what you need to do to maintain good standing as a certified AERCO technician:
- Prior to January 1, 2012: If the last time you took an AERCO Training Center hands-on class was before this date, you need to return to the AERCO Training Center for either an ATT or AMT class in order to be considered active, current and trained. You cannot take the 2016 Online Recertification and be considered active, current and trained.
- Between January 2012 and December 2014: If you attended an SST, ATT or AMT class between these dates and took the 2015 Online Certification, you are current, active and trained. To retain this status, you must complete the 2016 Online Recertification before December 1, 2016.
- January 2015-December 2015. If you attended an ATT or AMT class in 2015, you are current, active and trained. To retain this status, you need to complete the 2016 Online Recertification before December 1, 2016.
- 2016. If you attended an ATT or AMT class in 2016, you are current, active and trained. No additional action is required at this time.
- 2016 Online Recertification
- Go to AERCO.com > How We Support You > Training > Learning Management System (LMS) > 2016 Recertification.
- If you are accessing the LMS for the first time, you will be prompted to create a free account.
- Sign up for an ATT or AMT class
- Go to AERCO.com > How We Support You > Training > Learning Management System.
- Create an account if you don’t already have one, then view the available classes, descriptions, dates and locations .
- Download the Enrollment Form and follow instructions to enroll for a class.
For the first time in 2016, the new AERCO website will offer recognition for all current, active and trained technicians. On the home page in the upper right corner, click on “How to Buy” and then use the drop-down menu to select “Service Tech.” All recognized technicians will be displayed within the distance from the chosen zip code along with contact info. This is an added benefit of training with AERCO!