Metraflex is making it easy to get to know the ins and outs of their products, right from home. They recently released a new mini-series called “Introducing Essential Product Knowledge… From a Distance.” This mini-series will be hosted by Metraflex employees and will consist of short videos outlining one product per episode.
Episode One is hosted by Metraflex’s Dan Holbach and discusses the details of their Riser Anchor Clamp. A few takeaways:
- The Riser Anchor Clamp will be installed on a pipe in a riser system as it passes through the floor penetrations.
- This product does NOT have any weld, so it has a bolt-on clamp that can be installed once the pipe is already installed. No welding required.
- The clamp separates into two halves and you can slide it around the pipe, and then you torque the bolts down.
- The clamp comes with a specific torque value, and it is already cast into the product. This needs to be accurate in order to create a strong structural anchor.
- If your intention is to use the clamp as an anchor, it is required to torque at least one of the bolts on the top slab and one on the bottom slab.
- On the two and a half inches, it can handle about 9,000 pounds. On the eight inches, it can handle 50,000 pounds of load.
- Still no welding required.
Watch the full video below. We hope you learn as much as we did!